This is a major release. See source:MIGRATING.md file for more information.
The key highlight for this release is the rewrite from C++ to C. The only
runtime dependency required is OpenSSL (if built with SSL support).
- Irccd keeps track of nicknames in channels by capturing join/part/kick and
mode changes. It is now more convenient from the plugins to quickly inspect if
someone is present on a channel.
- It is now possible to change uid/gid of the transport socket file. The file is
also created with permissions 664.
- A new
pathscommand has been added to show default paths.
plugin-unloadcan be invoked without arguments.
plugin-pathcommand which are synonyms of
plugin-configbut for templates and paths respectively.
- tictactoe: now has a timeout in case of inactivity.
- Split irccd-api manual page into individual irccd-api-<module> for a better
- Network protocol uses plain text again.
- Transport uses clear UNIX sockets only without passwords.
- Brand new Irccd.Rule API to inspect and manage rules.
- Brand new Irccd.Hook API to inspect and manage hooks.